One final opening, LOTS of money: Luzerne Music Center

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Josh deVries
bugler
bugler

One final opening, LOTS of money: Luzerne Music Center

Post by Josh deVries »

Hi all -

I have recently accepted a position as Tuba Faculty at the Luzerne Music Center (LMC) in Lake Luzerne, NY. (http://www.luzernemusic.org)

For those unfamiliar, Luzerne Music Center is a fantastic music camp for students 9-19 that focuses on private lessons, chamber music, orchestra, and general fun in the Adirondacks.

Enrollment has begun, and I am looking to audition all students - but specifically am looking for interested tuba students to fill my studio.

Basic info:

LMC is an international summer music camp for student instrumentalists, composers and conductors ages 9 through 18. LMC accepts up to 100 students per session with an average of 85 students in each session.

Luzerne's curriculum includes individual private lessons, chamber ensemble instruction and Symphony Orchestra experiences. In addition, students attend weekly concerts presented on campus by faculty members at the Friday Night Faculty Series and by faculty members and visiting artists at the Monday Night Luzerne Chamber Music Festival.

This year, students will get the opportunity to work with Philadelphia Orchestra members, particularly Blair Bollinger, Principal Bass Trombonist of the Philadelphia Orchestra, who will be on faculty during the Senior Session. Students also benefit from close proximity to Philadelphia's summer home in Saratoga, and frequently hear concerts of the orchestra.

Located in the beautiful scenery of the Adirondack Mountains, students will enhance their musical experience with the chance to enjoy time outside white water rafting, hiking, canoeing, swimming, playing sports, etc.

Lessons

As a private instructor, I have experience teaching students of all ages. I have worked with many students in preparing them for solo competitions, college auditions, or just fundamental tuba skills.

Those interested may read more about me at my website, http://www.joshuadevries.com

Auditions/Contact

There is scholarship available to students expressing interest/need/talent and the desire to attend at least a 4-week session.

Those interested in more information about LMC should contact me by email at: jdevries@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank" target="_blank

All the best,

Joshua deVries
Last edited by Josh deVries on Thu May 22, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Josh deVries
bugler
bugler

Re: Luzerne Music Center: Summer Camp - Ages 9-18

Post by Josh deVries »

New info! The camp has informed me that there is definitely scholarship available for tuba students.

Great opportunity for a young tubist who wants to work with some Philly Orch members, take private lessons, and play some great chamber music and orchestra music!

Email for more info: jdevries@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank
Josh deVries
bugler
bugler

Re: One final opening, LOTS of money: Luzerne Music Center

Post by Josh deVries »

I have one final opening for a young Tubist (Age 9-14) to attend LMC for a 4 week session (or 3).

There is definitely scholarship for a qualified student.

Great opportunity for a summer in a beautiful part of NY!

Contact me for any details!