Euphonium Assistantship--University of Southern Mississippi

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Richard Perry
pro musician
pro musician

Euphonium Assistantship--University of Southern Mississippi

Post by Richard Perry »

Dear Colleagues,

I realize that this is VERY late in the year, but my Director of Bands just informed me that as of today (April 24) I have a half assistantship in Euphonium available to offer a qualified graduate student for the 2014-15 school year. We had been working to secure funding for this assistantship for awhile, and I didn't expect it to happen until next year if it happened at all. So this was exciting and welcome news! Now I just have to fill it...

This assistantship covers full in-state and out-of-state tuition and pays a stipend of $3600 per year. Duties will depend on the student's experience and on departmental needs, but will certainly include performing with our Wind Ensemble and Tuba/Euphonium Ensemble and may also include assisting with the tuba/euphonium studio as well.

If you're not familiar with the program at Southern Miss, we offer both the MM and DMA in performance as well as the MME and PhD in Music Education. The studio averages between 18 and 22 students and the School of Music currently has an enrollment of over 450 students, of which around 100 are graduate students. You can find out more about the program by visiting http://www.usm.edu/music" target="_blank" target="_blank and navigating from there.

If you have a student or know of one that's at loose ends or hasn't decided what he or she is doing next year, I encourage you to have them contact me at Richard.H.Perry @ usm.edu (no spaces) and I can supply more information. Thanks!

Richard Perry
University of Southern Mississippi