Santa Rosa Symphony Principal Tuba Audition

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
rodmathews
bugler
bugler

Santa Rosa Symphony Principal Tuba Audition

Post by rodmathews »

Hi,

Just wanted to let everyone know there will be an audition for the principal tuba position in the Santa Rosa Symphony on October 31, 2014. I recently left this position after 12 seasons, and I can attest that the SRS is a great regional orchestra with a beautiful new venue called Weill Hall at the Green Music Center. After a couple of years of very careful consideration I decided to leave due to time commitments to other things going on in my life. I had to finally start to realize in my mid 40's that I can't try to do everything!

Good luck to everyone who auditions. Someone is going to wind up with a fantastic gig.

Rod

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Rosa Symphony announces auditions for the following tenure-track positions beginning with the 2014-15 season:

Principal Oboe – 60 Services Audition Date: Thursday, October 30, 2014
Principal Tuba– 50 Services Audition Date: Friday, October 31, 2014

2014-15 Per-Service Rates to be determined; 2013-14 SRS Principal Scale = $164.70; Pension = 8.72%. 2014

All auditions shall be held in Weill Hall at the Green Music Center at Sonoma State University in Rohnert Park, CA. If a position is won by a SRS Musician, runner-up(s) may be offered the resulting opening(s).

To apply, please send a one-page resume with cover letter by October 24, 2014, to:

Santa Rosa Symphony – Auditions; 50 Santa Rosa Avenue, Suite 410, Santa Rosa, CA 95404 or Fax: 707-546-0460; or E-mail: Tim Beswick

A list of audition repertoire and other relevant information shall be mailed to the applicant upon receipt of resume.