Tuba Faculty Position at Summer Camp

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Josh deVries
bugler
bugler

Tuba Faculty Position at Summer Camp

Post by Josh deVries »

The Luzerne Music Center (LMC) in Lake Luzerne, NY seeks a Tuba Faculty for their 2015 Summer Festival. The post is a one-year post intended to fill the position while I take a sabbatical (to get married!)

The camp runs from June 21 – August 15th and is a camp focused on Orchestra, Chamber Music, Private Instruction and Masterclasses for students ages 9-18. Junior Session takes place during the first four weeks followed by the Senior Session in the last four weeks. All students must audition to be accepted and students come each summer from all over the world to study at LMC.

Responsibilities for the Tuba Faculty include teaching private lessons, coaching chamber music, assisting with orchestra sectionals, assisting with recruiting for the camp, as well as performing with the LMC Faculty Brass Quintet on the Faculty Concert Series.

Our faculty includes professional musicians and educators from all over the world including musicians from orchestras such as the Sarasota Orchestra and The Philadelphia Orchestra, as well as educators from institutions such as New England Conservatory, The Colburn School of Music, and many more.

Each year, LMC brings brass musicians from The Philadelphia Orchestra and other professional ensembles to give masterclasses. 2015 Artists include Philadelphia Orchestra musicians: Blair Bollinger, Carol Jantsch, Jeffry Kirschen, and Jeffrey Lang. Past artists have included Jeffrey Curnow, Canadian Brass, Rodney Mack Philadelphia Big Brass and many more.

On a more personal note, spending two months in the beautiful Adirondack Region of NY State is an awesome way to spend your summer! The camp is just 15-20 minutes from Lake George and not far from Lake Placid, as well. In addition, the more nearby area offers a ton of opportunities for hiking, outdoor activities as well as close access to the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (summer home of the Philadelphia Orchestra). Saratoga and Glens Falls (two close by towns) offer cool downtowns with awesome eateries, great breweries, and tons of summer activities.

I thoroughly enjoyed my time there last summer and am thankful to the camp for giving me a year sabbatical so I can get married and get settled this upcoming summer. If anyone with teaching/performing experience is looking for a good summer gig and a new place for the summer – you should definitely consider applying!

All info about LMC can be found on the camp’s webpage: http://www.luzernemusic.org . In addition, you may feel free to email me directly with any questions you might have about the job at jdevries@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank" target="_blank.

Interested candidates should email the Faculty Director, Abraham Feder at afeder@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank" target="_blank with a resume to find out more information about applying more formally.

Cheers!