Grad Assistantship at the University of Southern Mississippi

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Richard Perry
pro musician
pro musician

Grad Assistantship at the University of Southern Mississippi

Post by Richard Perry »

To All:

I wanted to let you know I have a graduate assistantship available at the University of Southern Mississippi for the 2015-16 academic year. The assistantship covers ALL in-state and out-of-state tuition plus a stipend. Currently the stipend is $7200 for the academic year. This GA is available for either a tuba or euphonium player. Duties will depend on the candidate's experience but will likely include studio teaching, assistance with the USM Tuba/Euphonium Ensemble and with chamber music coaching, and performance with University ensembles as needed. Tubists may also be asked to perform in our graduate brass quintet.

If you're not familiar with the program at Southern Miss, we offer both the MM and DMA in performance as well as the MME and PhD in Music Education. The studio averages between 18 and 22 students and the School of Music currently has an enrollment of over 450 students, of which around 100 are graduate students. You can find out more about the program by visiting ‪http://www.usm.edu/music and navigating from there.

We also have several undergraduate openings in both euphonium and tuba and offer very competitive scholarships to undergrads. Our audition dates for 2015 are January 30, February 20, and March 27. You can apply to audition via this link: http://www.usm.edu/music/auditions-0" target="_blank" target="_blank

If you know of anyone interested, please contact me at Richard.H.Perry @ usm.edu (no spaces) and I'll be happy to supply more information.

Thanks!

Richard Perry
University of Southern Mississippi
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Grad Assistantship at the University of Southern Mississ

Post by Alex C »

I had the opportunity to hear and see some of Dr. Perry's students at USM last year. Top quality teaching going on in Hattiesburg. If you want to learn out to play, teach and manage a large studio you should be interested in this.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
Richard Perry
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Grad Assistantship at the University of Southern Mississ

Post by Richard Perry »

Alex and Bloke are too kind! Thanks!