The Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Peder MacLellan
lurker
lurker

The Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler

Post by Peder MacLellan »

The Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler is making its debut this summer, June 28th to July 5th, 2015! Offering young musicians a one-of-a-kind experience and education, the Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler will join together the GRAMMY and JUNO award winning VSO with Whistler, one of the world’s finest mountain resorts. Students will be immersed in a collaborative musical environment alongside and mentored by a world class symphony orchestra, under the direction of the VSO’s internationally acclaimed Music Director, Maestro Bramwell Tovey.

Repertoire to be selected from:
Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique
Strauss: Ein Heldenleben
Mozart: Symphony No. 41
Rachmaninoff: Symphonic Dances
Other repertoire as required

At this time, we are accepting applications from advanced students, ages 15-23, for this exciting opportunity.

The VSO Institute features:

· Participation in the Whistler Institute Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Bramwell Tovey

· Private and group lessons taught by Peder MacLellan, principal tuba of the VSO

· Chamber music coaching with VSO musicians

· Masterclasses and seminars

· The VSO in-residence during the Institute

· Attendance at rehearsals and performances of the VSO

· Faculty recitals

· Performance opportunities in breathtakingly beautiful Whistler, BC

For additional information and audition requirements please visit http://www.vsoinstitute.ca

Please feel free to PM me with any questions
Peder MacLellan
lurker
lurker

Re: The Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler

Post by Peder MacLellan »

Audition tapes are due today (March 12). Please let me know if you encounter any issues. Thanks to all who have submitted so far. I'm really looking forward to hearing everyone's tapes!