Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra Bookmark and Share

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results

Re: Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra

Postby bloke » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:03 am

I don't think drilling on a list of thirty or forty ditties over-and-over-and-over is going to get any player to a place that will attract any audition-weary committee's attention. I suspect that addressing and fine-tuning all sorts of issues/points in order to be "able to play those ditties easily/gracefully, due to being ready to play just about anything easily/gracefully" is what might turn their heads.

a full-time tuba job: just about the most difficult to get, and just about the easiest to keep...and - in order to remain as fine a player as one was when first offered their job - any full-time tuba player is going to need to find other things to do with their tuba other than playing their weekly orchestral services.

Running down a list of thirty or forty ditties (and doing NOTHING else) surely (yes?) gets to be pretty dreadful pretty quickly.
As an old Irish street fiddler once said to a friend of mine, 'Pretty soon, I'll be playin' the same tune all the time!'

...and yeah...you youngsters need to look at that list and buy some of those models of tubas - so you can "win". :|
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Re: Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra

Postby Steve Marcus » Tue May 22, 2018 11:44 am

dctrtuba17 wrote:haha :)
I would be neat to get hold of one of those old French C tubas. :)

https://wessex-tubas.com/collections/tubas/products/french-c-tuba-tc236
Steve Marcus
https://www.linkedin.com/in/steve-marcus-980315b/
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia
Steve Marcus
pro musician
pro musician

Previous

Return to OPPORTUNITIES - education - employment