5 valves
5 valves

Colorado Symphony principal tuba

Post by WoodSheddin »

just announced in the newest AFM paper
sean chisham
Mark

Post by Mark »

DP wrote:...see highlighted portion....(for you "fairness" advocates)....what is THAT all about?
This doesn't really apply to single positions like tuba. It does make sense for sections with multiple players. If the orchestra is looking to fill the principal second violin position and one of the violinists currently playing in the orchestra wins it, then the orchestra can offer that player's former spot to the runner up. It saves the orchestra from having to hold a second audition.
Eric Fritz
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Eric Fritz »

Who is the current interim tubist in Colorado?
miketuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by miketuba »

Seth Horner is the current principal tuba (not interim). For those just joining the program - Steve Campbell won the job at the last audition and Seth was runner up. The committee, however, was compelled to qualify Seth for the job in case Steve won one of the other "big" jobs that were pending at the time.

He did - and Seth was asked to join the orchestra. For reasons that I don't know and that are really his own business, he has decided to move on.

Before anyone gets their underwear in a bundle, Seth earned the job. I've heard him play - he's a monster talent and deserves an orchestra job (though with the current state of things, there are days when I would not wish that on my worst enemy).

By the way - it was 75 degrees yesterday and the crabapples are in bloom in this "ball-freezing wasteland" (to quote a colleague).
Michael Allen
Boulder Brass
Boulder Brass Publications
Jarrod
bugler
bugler

REP

Post by Jarrod »

Someone usually asks, so here goes:

Colorado Rep

Vaughan Williams- 1st & 2nd
Hungarian March
German Requiem
Brahms 2
Bruckner 4 & 7
American in Paris
Mahler 1, 5, & 6
Prokofiev 5
Fountains
Petrouchka (1911)
Tchaikovsky 6
Meistersinger
Ride
Keith Sanders
bugler
bugler

Post by Keith Sanders »

Arent the auditions this upcoming week? I know one of the guys trying out for the Symphony, a real monster player, Tracy Bedgood, but the auditions I think are this week.