Euphonium Opening w/ USAF Band in Washington, D.C.!

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Brandon Jones
pro musician
pro musician

Euphonium Opening w/ USAF Band in Washington, D.C.!

Post by Brandon Jones »

Hello everyone,

We have an immediate vacancy for euphonium in the United States Air Force Band Ceremonial Brass in Washington, D.C. Here's a link to the posting with information. I will be getting the actual repertoire available for download next week, but you can see the list and all info on this link:

http://www.usafband.af.mil/aboutus/careers/index.asp" target="_blank" target="_blank

Please feel free to email our auditions team (email provided) with any questions or concerns you might have. This is truly one of THE best jobs you could ever possibly have. GREAT people, and the band is pretty good as well...! :) I hope to see many euphonium resumes and tapes!!!

Best of luck!

Brandon
Brandon Jones
Euphonium, The USAF Band
Washington, D.C.
Brandon Jones
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Euphonium Opening w/ USAF Band in Washington, D.C.!

Post by Brandon Jones »

The repertoire is now available for download on the website. Here's a direct link:

http://www.usafband.af.mil/shared/media ... 06-041.pdf" target="_blank

Best of luck to those who will be submitting materials!
Brandon Jones
Euphonium, The USAF Band
Washington, D.C.
Brandon Jones
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Brandon Jones »

Hello everyone,

I've gotten several questions about the audition/tape round, so I wanted to post a couple of helpful tips:

Recording: It is specified to have "no edits" in the recording. However, you CAN break up the excerpts into separate tracks, and honestly this is recommended so long as the tracks are named appropriately as instructed in the preliminary round requirements letter on the website. What we're looking for are no edits WITHIN each excerpt. You can feel free to record each excerpt for the tape round as a separate track.

Many have asked if the recording quality has to be "perfect" to get invited. This is a difficult answer. To be honest, we are going to look for those who PLAY the best to invite to the live rounds. Sure, the quality of the recording will matter, but you can have a "perfect" quality of recording with no music being made, as you can also have a recording that was made with a Zoom H4N in a high school choir room (which is what I did for my USAF tape round audition, btw) that has lots of musical things going on. The main thing that we are looking for is someone who can play with a consistently mature sound, stable intonation, clear articulation, good understanding of style, basically what is on the page, etc. Don't over-think this process. Start recording NOW and by the time the MP3's and resume's are due on June 10, you should have something that accurately exhibits your playing ability. While I cannot listen to anyone's materials beforehand and provide feedback, I would like to wish everyone the very best, and we are looking very much forward to seeing a lot of resume's and hearing a lot of MP3 recordings! Relax, and just play! Enjoy the process!
Brandon Jones
Euphonium, The USAF Band
Washington, D.C.
Troiano220
bugler
bugler

Post by Troiano220 »

Congratulations to Erik Lundquist for winning the audition!
Also congrats to the runner-up, Danny Chapa!
Chris Troiano DMA
Historical Ensembles Program Manager, George Mason University (Fairfax, VA)
FarahShazam
4 valves
4 valves

Post by FarahShazam »

FYI: the ceremonial brass is the bees knees. Great group of people. :D
--farah chisham