Graduate Assistantship at The University of Akron

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Graduate Assistantship at The University of Akron

Post by CJBlaha »

Hi everyone. The University of Akron tuba & euphonium studio will be looking for new graduate students (masters degree) beginning in Fall 2017.
Graduate applicants for Master of Music study are eligible for a teaching assistantship that is also available Fall 2017. A full assistantship includes full tuition remission and an annual stipend of roughly $7000. This assistantship can be split in half to accommodate two graduate students for the studio. Even with the assistantship split, a graduate student still receives tuition remission and an annual stipend of roughly $3500. TA duties include playing with the graduate brass quintet and auxiliary instruction of students (working with youngest students on fundamentals, scales, Bordogni, etc).
Both euphonium and tuba players are eligible for this assistantship opportunity.

If you have interest or any questions, please feel free to email me: blahacj@uakron.edu" target="_blank

Thank you,
CJB
Christopher Blaha, DMA
Assoc. Professor of Tuba & Euphonium
The University of Akron
TubaDave15
bugler
bugler

Re: Graduate Assistantship at The University of Akron

Post by TubaDave15 »

Friendly bump for Akron. Great school and great program.

:tuba:
CJBlaha
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Graduate Assistantship at The University of Akron

Post by CJBlaha »

One final bump for 2017!

It's been a thrill to hear such talented graduate applicants so far. I'd love to hear some euphonium players who might be interested in pursuing a grad degree at UA.
Also, we are certainly looking for talented undergrads as well. Please drop me a line!
Christopher Blaha, DMA
Assoc. Professor of Tuba & Euphonium
The University of Akron