Low Brass Openings at Ohio Northern University Bookmark and Share

Announcements for jobs, competitions, and the results

Low Brass Openings at Ohio Northern University

Postby russiantuba » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:45 am

Greetings All,

I currently have openings for tuba, euphonium, and bass trombone at Ohio Northern University. We have plenty of scholarships available for the studio, even if you are not a music major or minor. If you are a non-major, the scholarship fulfillment normally requires registration in a concert ensemble and applied lessons. This is something that not many schools offer. Our music department has several students that participate on scholarship that are pharmacy, business, and in STEM fields. An audition is required for scholarship considerations, even if you are a non major. Some of the studio alumni have been quite successful while students, such as performances with regional orchestras, writing marching drill for programs across Ohio, and performing and working with bands in Ohio, Indiana, and West Virginia.

A little about the university and the program:

Located 20 minutes east of Lima, OH, Ohio Northern University's music department is flourishing with approximately 80 music majors and 30 music minors, along with many talented non-music majors participating in ensembles. ONU has 2 concert bands, a marching band, a symphony orchestra, several choirs, a brass choir, low brass ensemble, and numerous other chamber musics.

We offer degrees in performance, education, and general Bachelor of Arts. Our recent graduates have been quite successful. Our recent music education graduates have a near 100% placement rate in public school jobs in Ohio, and several those who have gone off to graduate schools have gained acceptance and secured teaching assistantships and fellowships at music schools and conservatories across the country. Part of the reason for our success is the focus on the student and the commitment to quality teaching.

ONU is within 3 hours from several major towns with good orchestras, including Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Toledo, Detroit, and Indianapolis, with several regional orchestras intermixed. There are lots of opportunity to hear some of the best orchestras in the country to enrich your musical experience. Some of my students have carpooled to hear groups like the Cleveland Orchestra perform on several occasions.

I would love to talk to anyone about the opportunity to study at ONU. I will offer a free lesson to any interested student, along with showing them our facilities. Please feel free to visit http://www.onu.edu/music" target="_blank for more information, or email me at j-green.11@onu.edu" target="_blank. I will be glad to answer any questions!

Dr. James M. Green
Lecturer of Tuba, Euphonium, and Bass Trombone
Ohio Northern University
Dr. James M. Green
Lecturer of Music--Low Brass
Ohio Northern University
Gronitz PF 125
Miraphone 1291CC
russiantuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Low Brass Openings at Ohio Northern University

Postby russiantuba » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:56 am

It is not too late to apply or schedule an audition. Bump for upcoming audition dates
Dr. James M. Green
Lecturer of Music--Low Brass
Ohio Northern University
Gronitz PF 125
Miraphone 1291CC
russiantuba
pro musician
pro musician

Return to Auditions