California State University, Long Beach Tuba Studio!

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
musicman4288
bugler
bugler

California State University, Long Beach Tuba Studio!

Post by musicman4288 »

Attention all tuba and euphonium players!

California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) is looking to grow our music program! We are currently accepting both undergraduate and graduate students on tuba and euphonium and scholarships are available!

CSULB is located in lovely Long Beach, CA and is just ten minutes from the beach! The university offers many degrees in various music-based studies, including both performance and education. You will also have access to stellar faculty, which includes players in local symphonies and professional music studios, as well as world class facilities. For performance opportunities, there is the CSULB Symphony Orchestra as well as three different bands, not to mention a plethora of chamber ensembles. In addition, the jazz program at CSULB is world class and definitely can, and should, be taken advantage of during your studies.

In addition to the incredible opportunities offered at CSULB you are also located in a melting pot of musical culture and opportunity by living in the Long Beach and Los Angeles area. You have the LA Phil, San Diego Symphony, and the Pacific Symphony all within easy driving distance. Being in the greater Los Angeles area also offers many opportunities to perform with other local symphonies, bands, chamber groups, and even in the studios.

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at gabriel.sears@gmail.com" target="_blank. For interested students, I will happily offer a free lesson in preparation for your audition.

Thanks, and I hope to hear from a lot of you!

- Gabriel Sears
Gabriel Sears
Principal Tuba - San Bernardino Symphony Orchestra
Adjunct Professor of Tuba/Euphonium - California State University, Long Beach - Fullerton College - Irvine Valley College
Eastman Performing Artist and Clinician