Undergraduate openings at Washington State University

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
euphoniac84
bugler
bugler

Undergraduate openings at Washington State University

Post by euphoniac84 »

Greetings to you all! The tuba-euphonium studio at Washington State University has some openings for undergraduate euphonium and tuba students starting fall 2017. Undergraduate degrees include the Bachelor of Music in performance, music education, composition, and the Bachelor of Arts in music (which is usually coupled with a non-music field). We offer scholarships to music majors and minors, and the university contributes to scholarship packages based on high school academic performance as well as ACT/SAT scores.

WSU is a large research university located in Pullman, WA, and it is a member of the Pac 12 athletic conference. The tuba-euphonium studio is thriving. Composed of15 players, the studio contains first-year students all the way to graduate students. The studio culture here is positive, encouraging, and supports a friendly kind of competition. Everyone has their weekly lesson with me, and each student receives supplementary lessons with the tuba and euphonium TAs on a rotational basis. In 2013, the studio helped host the 2013 NW Regional Tuba-Euphonium Conference, and they are looking forward to hosting the 2017 regional in April. Students have been prizewinners at ITEC and regional competitions, and our large ensembles regularly perform at prestigious conferences, clinics, and festivals. Ensembles for tuba and euphonium players include the Symphony Orchestra, Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band, athletic bands, Brass Ensemble, Tuba Choir, and quartets/quintets. Pullman is located in the Palouse region of the Northwest, and the region supports the arts, culture, is family-friendly, and boasts a mild climate low in humidity.

If you are interested in WSU, please contact me via e-mail at chris.dickey@wsu.edu" target="_blank. I look forward to hearing from you!
Dr. Chris Dickey (they/them)
Miraphone Performing Artist
Assistant Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
School of Music
Washington State University