Undergrad and Graduate openings at UT Rio Grande Valley

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Scott Roeder
pro musician
pro musician

Undergrad and Graduate openings at UT Rio Grande Valley

Post by Scott Roeder »

I currently am looking to fill a couple of spots in the studio for the fall.

University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is in South Texas, close to South Padre Island and the Rio Grande River, and is located in Edinburg TX. The university has 28000 students and a School of Music of over 400 music majors located on campuses in Edinburg and Browsville.

The UTRGV Tuba/Euphonium studio has been extremely active over the past few years in terms of guest artists and conference performances. We have performed at the last 3 ITEC Conference and numerous regional conferences. This year we are performing at the Army Band Workshop and hosting the South Central Regional Tuba/Euphonium Conference. Recent Guest Artists have included Oystein Baadsvik, Charles Villarrubia, Patrick Sheridan, Roland Szentpali, Ben Pierce, and Demondrae Thurman to name a few. Recent members of the studio have done well in competitions including regional conferences and the Falcone Festival. Currently there are 16 members in the studio. Members of the studio work in the community as gigging musicians and many get hired to work with the local high school band programs.

Scholarship Auditions are on February 18 and 25 and a non scholarship audition on April 15. Graduate Assistantships are also available. Anyone that receives a $1000 scholarship or higher automatically qualifies for in-state tuition (our tuition is extremely low).

For more information please email me (scott dot roeder at utrgv dot edu) or you can visit the school of music website http://www.utrgv.edu/music

I will also be at the Army Band Workshop and TMEA the next couple of weeks.
Scott Roeder, DMA
Associate Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley