The 2017 Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute at Whistler will be presented from June 25th to July 4th. Offering musicians a one-of-a-kind educational experience, the Institute will join together the GRAMMY® and JUNO® award winning VSO with Whistler, one of the world’s finest mountain resorts. Students will be immersed in a collaborative musical environment alongside and mentored by a world class symphony orchestra, under the direction of the VSO’s internationally acclaimed Music Director, Maestro Bramwell Tovey. We are currently accepting applications from advanced students, ages 15-25.
2017 Whistler Institute Orchestra repertoire to include: Mahler- Symphony No. 6
The VSO Institute features:
· Participation in the Whistler Institute Orchestra, conducted by Maestro Bramwell Tovey, performing at Whistler Olympic Plaza and at the Chan Centre for the Performing Arts in Vancouver
· A faculty comprised of Vancouver Symphony Orchestra musicians
· A comprehensive chamber music program
· The entire Vancouver Symphony Orchestra in-residence during the Institute
· Masterclasses, seminars, faculty recitals, student recitals
· Individual and group lessons taught by members of the VSO
· Attendance at rehearsals and performances of the VSO
· Performance opportunities in breathtakingly beautiful Whistler and Vancouver, BC
· Talented young musicians from around the globe
For additional information, visit www.vsoinstitute.ca. Audition deadline: March 12.
Because we value your time, video auditions recorded for other 2017 summer festivals may be submitted as outlined on our website.
Visit us on Facebook and Twitter: @VSOIWhistler