Western Michigan University Tuba-Euph Professor

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
schneidah
bugler
bugler

Western Michigan University Tuba-Euph Professor

Post by schneidah »

Hello all,

I just received a call from Dr. Steve Jones, head of the tuba-euph professor search committee at WMU. And the winner is...Deanna Swoboda. Ms. Swoboda is known internationally as an excellent performer and educator. Just a small sampling of her accomplishments include being a member of the Dallas Brass for the past five years, developing a public school band recruitment DVD with that ensemble, releasing her first solo album on Summit Records, and hosting this year's Southwest Regional Tuba-Euph Conference at UNLV. She will replace Andrew Miller, presently principal tubist with the Alabama Symphony Orchestra.

A big thanks should go out to the search committee, as well as the members of the tuba-euph studio who were available to participate in the audition. I'm looking forward to the coming months, working with her and seeing how things shape up for the coming year.

Adam
Rick F
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Rick F »

She's cute too!

We had the honor of Brian Neal - trumpet (pictured directly behind Ms. Swoboda) play with us at our last concert. Too bad she couldn't play with us. :cry:
Miraphone 5050 - Warburton mpc (Brandon Jones)
YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
DE mpc (102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank)
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

Thanks, Adam -- great news! Congratulations all around. Looking forward to seeing you in Octuba (if not before)! 8)
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)