2005 Falcone Semi-Finalists FINALLY!! Bookmark and Share

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results

Postby EuphManRob » Tue May 10, 2005 8:13 pm

Hey everybody-

I'm a UNT Eupher (no I did not send in a tape this year) and in all seriousness, I think it's time for people on the TubeNet to stop badmouthing our studio. If some of our members have had success in recent years, it's not because they are "prodigious" or because God hands them an easy victory, it's because they know how to "persevere and work hard" like everyone else. 'Nuff said. There are many, many incredible euphonium players in other studios besides ours, and if one of them should happen to win - more power to them, it just means we need to practice harder. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. :roll:
In the meantime, hearty congratulations to all who made it, from UNT and elsewhere. You are to be commended.

Rob McDaniel
EuphManRob

Postby TexTuba » Tue May 10, 2005 8:50 pm

EuphManRob wrote:Hey everybody-

I'm a UNT Eupher (no I did not send in a tape this year) and in all seriousness, I think it's time for people on the TubeNet to stop badmouthing our studio. If some of our members have had success in recent years, it's not because they are "prodigious" or because God hands them an easy victory, it's because they know how to "persevere and work hard" like everyone else. 'Nuff said. There are many, many incredible euphonium players in other studios besides ours, and if one of them should happen to win - more power to them, it just means we need to practice harder. I don't believe in conspiracy theories. :roll:
In the meantime, hearty congratulations to all who made it, from UNT and elsewhere. You are to be commended.

Rob McDaniel

That studio is awesome. Particularly the euphy studio. Every major competition I hear of you guys are there. It is a factory of great musicians and it should be with Bowman there. I don't know what bad mouthing goes on here but I'm in awe of such a fantastic studio. More power to yall...

Ralph
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Postby ufoneum » Tue May 10, 2005 9:51 pm

If people think that the UNT Studio wins because there is some conspiracy, then you are just plain dumb. These people work hard, and it pays off. There is nothing in the water down there, just hard work. We all should strive for that. Grow up...
ufoneum
3 valves
3 valves

Postby BrandonM » Tue May 10, 2005 9:54 pm

UNT has a eupher studio? cool. maybe i should chek into it for school. do they have 3 or 4 vavle horns?
BrandonM

Postby CrappyEuph » Tue May 10, 2005 10:01 pm

We all use 3-valve Jupiters here. One guy has an Amati, but no one talks to him.
CrappyEuph
3 valves
3 valves

Postby tubaboy2005 » Tue May 10, 2005 10:19 pm

BrandonM wrote:UNT has a eupher studio? cool. maybe i should chek into it for school. do they have 3 or 4 vavle horns?

Whats a Eupher? I heard that this guy Brian Meixner there is really good and can play real high, but not as good as my teacher, at least thats what my teacher says. Oh well...
tubaboy2005

Postby TexTuba » Tue May 10, 2005 10:41 pm

tubaboy2005 wrote:
BrandonM wrote:UNT has a eupher studio? cool. maybe i should chek into it for school. do they have 3 or 4 vavle horns?

Whats a Eupher? I heard that this guy Brian Meixner there is really good and can play real high, but not as good as my teacher, at least thats what my teacher says. Oh well...

Oh yeah!?! Well my teacher plays higher than YOURS!!! :roll: :lol:

Ralph
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Postby CrappyEuph » Tue May 10, 2005 10:54 pm

I'm Brian Meixner.
CrappyEuph
3 valves
3 valves

Postby Brian Bowman is God » Tue May 10, 2005 11:06 pm

ufoneum wrote:If people think that the UNT Studio wins because there is some conspiracy, then you are just plain dumb. These people work hard, and it pays off. There is nothing in the water down there, just hard work. We all should strive for that. Grow up...

Exactly....people can talk about how the contests are rigged by UNT sympathizers and that's how their students always win...but it's these same people who've probably never even heard one of these fine instrumentalists perform live in front of them. Hearing them perform live with these false presumptions at hand will seriously cause you to rethink the meaning of your existence as your narrow-minded blatant disregard for their unsurmountable power is entirely blown away. They honestly are a cut above the rest.

I recently attended the Texas Regional ITEA conference and saw 4 of UNT's finest Euphonium players perform together in a Euphonium quartet. The performance completely ascended the confinements of human capability...it was phenomenal. The whole audience was utterly floored.

It was like.....gravity-defying :roll:

[for lack of a better word]
Brian Bowman is God

Postby TonyTuba » Wed May 11, 2005 1:10 am

I'm ryan mcgeorge
Tony Granados
Triangle Brass Band and Triangle Youth Brass Band, Music Director

http://www.tonytuba.com
http://www.trianglebrass.org
TonyTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Postby chris combest » Wed May 11, 2005 2:29 am

I'm Tony Meixner.

Or is it Brian Granados?!?
chris combest

Postby CrappyEuph » Wed May 11, 2005 3:28 am

Mrs. Brian Granados.
CrappyEuph
3 valves
3 valves

Postby HerbDanielovich » Wed May 11, 2005 4:36 am

I don't understand the direction this thread is headed but...

WAY TO GO, BROWN HAMMER!!!!! KICK EUPHONIUM BUTT!!!!
HerbDanielovich

Postby Dean » Wed May 11, 2005 7:54 am

Did I miss something?

Where exactly was the "bad-mouthing" of UNT??

Seriously, I didnt catch it...
Dean
pro musician
pro musician

Postby The Impaler » Wed May 11, 2005 11:04 am

I'd just like to say that every time I read a thread that's been marked with the stamp of the UNT euph studio, I laugh my butt off!!!! Not only are these guys wonderful technicians and musicians, they've got pretty good senses of humor as well. Also, being that I'm from Texas, and that one of my really good friends is in the UNT euph studio, I really enjoy learning of their achievements and accomplishments.

GO Colonel Buckley!!!!! Be RED man!
Cale Self

Assistant Professor of Music
Acting Director of Bands & Instructor of Low Brass
University of West Georgia
Carrollton, GA
The Impaler
3 valves
3 valves

Postby tubaboy2005 » Wed May 11, 2005 1:10 pm

My teacher says I have a world-class sound, but I want to be the best in my county. Hey Mr. Meixner, how do you play so damn high? Whats the highest note you've ever played? Who's Brian Bowman anyway, is he gooder than you?
Last edited by tubaboy2005 on Wed May 11, 2005 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tubaboy2005

Postby Brian » Wed May 11, 2005 3:56 pm

Leave me out of this one!

Brian
Brian
pro musician
pro musician

Postby CrappyEuph » Wed May 11, 2005 6:11 pm

Brian, you just can't stay out of the limelight, can you? Last time I checked, this was not MeixnerNet.com.

Look at you and your 6 posts. Give someone else a chance. Let the Brown Hammer have his day.
CrappyEuph
3 valves
3 valves

Postby tubasarefoxy » Wed May 11, 2005 11:12 pm

tubaboy2005 wrote:My teacher says I have a world-class sound, but I want to be the best in my county.

wow, cocky much?
tubasarefoxy

Postby tubaboy2005 » Wed May 11, 2005 11:20 pm

Why are you jealous? I cant help it that I am good. My teacher says I need to play harder material. I just played the Penereki (sp?) Capriccio, it was easy. What do you play? I play a Yorkbrunner.
tubaboy2005

PreviousNext

Return to OPPORTUNITIES - education - employment