Graduate Assistantship at WIU

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Slamson
bugler
bugler

Graduate Assistantship at WIU

Post by Slamson »

It's time again for me to offer an enterprising graduate a most unusual assistantship! Western Illinois Is looking for someone interested in studying for their master's degree in performance, music education, jazz studies, composition, musicology or conducting (there are more but the assistantship has boundaries) who also has some skills in Arts Technology. Since I'm the supervisor of this position, I do the hiring, and can select the proper candidate from whatever pool I choose, and I would be delighted to offer this position to someone who also wants to study the tuba!

Playing opportunities are plenty - there is a student quintet, as well as our faculty quintet, which will need this graduate student when I am on sabbatical in the second year (yay..), as well as the usual groups - orchestra, brass ensemble, bands... and there are 11 professional (that's "paying") orchestras within a 90 minute drive of here!
What skills in "Arts Technology" do you need? Experience in working in a recording studio, preferably as an engineer, and some understanding in video streaming (beyond posting something live with your phone on YouTube). Actually, as the field goes... "not a whole lot!"

If you are interested in the position, the best way I can give you an idea of how this might fit for you would be to stop by and see me at the ILMEA Conference in Peoria, IL, starting tomorrow (January 25th) at 1 PM in the Civic Center Theatre Lobby! I'll also be at the WIU booth on Friday and Saturday morning, so please stop by and grab the usual cheesy swag that all universities offer... you can never have too many pencils...
If you can't (or won't) attend the conference, please check out our graduate brochure at:
http://www.wiu.edu/graduate_studies/fla ... /Music.pdf" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank
sorry, I don't do signatures.
Slamson
bugler
bugler

Re: Graduate Assistantship at WIU

Post by Slamson »

Did I mention that we have a new Petrushka for the right grad student?
sorry, I don't do signatures.