Luzerne Music Center 2020

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Chris Pearlberg
bugler
bugler

Luzerne Music Center 2020

Post by Chris Pearlberg »

This summer will be my fifth year on faculty at the Luzerne Music Center. LMC is an international music intensive camp set in upstate New York's Adirondack Park, with programs for students aged 9-18.

Over the summer, students participate in:

Symphony Orchestra (daily rehearsals)
Chamber Groups (Brass Quintet, daily coachings)
Solo concerts with professional accompanists
Weekly private lessons

Campers have the experience of spending a summer outdoors; LMC's program incorporates activities such as hiking, swimming in the lake, canoeing, as well as off-campus trips to Lake George and the Saratoga Performing Arts Center (2019 included the NYC Ballet and the Philadelphia Orchestra).

LMC is a hub for performances and masterclasses over the summer, including a residency by members of the Philadelphia Orchestra. Blair Bollinger (Bass Trombone of the Philadelphia Orchestra) directs the brass ensemble during the high school session. LMC faculty and guest artists are featured in concert every week of camp.

If you currently are or have a student in middle school or high school looking for a summer full of music and fun, please email or message me on this forum. I am currently looking for two students for the 4 week Junior Session students, and two students for the 4 week Senior Session. Scholarship money is available!

Dates for 2020 are:
Junior Session (ages 9-14): June 21 – July 17
Senior Session (ages 14-18): July 20 – August 16

Check out the website here for more information on the programs, faculty, and application process: http://www.luzernemusic.org" target="_blank

Feel free to email me at cpearlberg@luzernemusic.org" target="_blank if you have any additional questions.

Thanks!

Chris Pearlberg
DM, Indiana University