Update on tuba studio openings at Curtis and Carnegie Mellon

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Craig Knox
pro musician
pro musician

Update on tuba studio openings at Curtis and Carnegie Mellon

Post by Craig Knox »

Hello everyone,

I have been receiving a lot of inquiries about openings in my teaching studios at the Curtis Institute of Music and Carnegie Mellon University for the Fall of 2021. I can now confirm that there will not be a tuba opening at Curtis, and there is no audition planned. However, I do have openings for both undergraduate and graduate tuba performance majors at Carnegie Mellon University. Applications are due December 1, and pre-recorded virtual auditions are due on January 4. Please see the CMU School of Music website for detailed information on the application and audition process, including the specific audition repertoire list. The School of Music at CMU has a world-class faculty, with strong ties to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra, and offers an all-performance curriculum within a renowned academic institution. Graduate Assistantships are available up to full-tuition waiver, and financial aid is available for undergraduate students. More information is also available on my website: http://www.craigknoxtuba.com/
Craig Knox
Principal Tuba, Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
Center City Brass Quintet
Artist Lecturer, Carnegie Mellon University
Faculty, Curtis Institute of Music