UT Rio Grande Valley undergrad/grad openings. Increased assistantship amounts and free tuition for Texas residents

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Scott Roeder
pro musician
pro musician

UT Rio Grande Valley undergrad/grad openings. Increased assistantship amounts and free tuition for Texas residents

Post by Scott Roeder »

Hello everyone,

I am going to have a couple of openings for both tuba and euphonium for the fall. We have some exciting new opportunities for funding.

We have new graduate assistantships that carries a $15000 award. In addition, UTRGV has a presidential research fellowship that has an award of over $30000!!

For Texas residents, UTRGV has a new program that offers free tuition for any student whose family AGI is under $95000 and meets requirements of minimum SAT/ACT test scores and application deadline.

The tuba/euphonium studio at UTRGV is very active performing at conferences and hosting guest artists around the world. Current members of the studio have been prize winners at the Falcone Festival and have performed professionally in Mexican orchestras. UTRGV is a large state university of over 30000 students located in the Rio Grande Valley in south Texas. There is a vibrant local music scene of banda and norteno groups of which many of my students perform. This opportunity can provide an extra income stream as these groups gig pretty much every week.

If you are interested in joining us, please reach out to me (email, facebook, tubenet) and lets start talking.
Scott Roeder, DMA
Associate Professor of Tuba and Euphonium
University of Texas Rio Grande Valley