High School Students - Auburn University Low Brass Camp

Announcements for Auditions, competitions, and the results
Kunzer
bugler
bugler

High School Students - Auburn University Low Brass Camp

Post by Kunzer »

I am very excited about the return of the Auburn University Low Brass Camp. Camp dates will be July 7-9, and this event is open to any outstanding trombone, euphonium, or tuba student who is currently enrolled in high school or who will enter high school in the upcoming year. The early bird registration fee is $85 (before May 1) and $100 (on or after May 1). There is a $10 discount for any student who has participated in their respective states regional honor/all-state band/orchestra – Enter code TUBONIUM when checking out. 

The faculty mentors for this camp are:
• Stephen Kunzer, Lecturer of Tuba & Euphonium, Auburn University
• Matthew Wood, Associate Professor of Trombone, Auburn University

We are excited to have this event sponsored by Eastman Music Company, S.E. Shires Company, and Arts Music. There will be instruments, mouthpieces, and accessories for students to test and play which are generously provided by our sponsors.

The link for registration is: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20021_usto ... UCTID=3938

During the camp, students will participate in masterclasses focusing on various topics presented by the faculty. They will also rehearse and perform with other camp members in chamber ensembles and a large low-brass choir. 

Masterclass Topics will include:
• Fundamentals
• Technique
• The art of listening
• Breathing Pedagogy
• Jazz Improvisation
• Audition Preparation
• Majoring in Music
• Instrument-specific discussions

I have attached a flyer for the event and hope you will encourage your students to participate. Please let me know if you have any questions and take care! 

The link for registration is: https://secure.touchnet.net/C20021_usto ... UCTID=3938