bugler
bugler

Post by Dave Y »

Yup. I was there. It was awesome.
ZNC Dandy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by ZNC Dandy »

I would love to get my hands on the HB-6 he had. What a a great instrument, for and even greater player.
Casey Tucker
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Casey Tucker »

you could see him at the SCRTEC in Austin. he's playing in the artist recital. should be fun.

personally, i just hope he doesn't play the entire vasiliev etude book again. i watched him do that here at SHSU and while it was impressive, i wanted more than etudes.

amazing player though.

-casey
JustinLerma
bugler
bugler

Post by JustinLerma »

Sumner! lol I love him man. I wish wasn't so busy so I could work with him more. He can really get you into a great mindset with playing. He's doing a piece that was written for him while he was at Curtis. He still has that HB. It plays great!
Washington, D.C.
Meinel Weston 45SLP
PT6
Sumner
bugler
bugler

Sonata by David Powell

Post by Sumner »

I hope all are well!

I wanted all to know about the piece I played... The Sonata for Tuba and Piano by David Powell. I think it is among the best pieces ever written for the tuba and deserves to be known and played. It is available from Tuba Press. Please check it out.

FYI David was a friend of mine at Curtis and wrote this piece for me in 1981 and I premiered it at Curtis in April (I think) of that year. He entered Curtis after having been the bass player with Dave Brubeck (!!!) for a decade! He studied with David Loeb while we were at Curtis.

Peace and Love and World Peace y'all!

Sumner