CSO/Levine- Gershwin

in that recording
Albertibass
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Albertibass »

is it this one
i have this one, and i think the year is 1993, and not 1990. In Gene Pokorny's orchestral excerpts CD, the notes say that he was in Los Angeles for the 1992-1993 season. (the cd above was recorded on june 15th of 1993, according to amazon.com). And if im not mistaken, i think the year that Pokorny was in Los Angeles, Fedderly filled the spot in Chicago. But of course i could be wrong.
WoodSheddin
5 valves
5 valves

Post by WoodSheddin »

Albertibass wrote:i think the year that Pokorny was in Los Angeles, Fedderly filled the spot in Chicago. But of course i could be wrong.
Floyd Cooley was the man you are thinking of who filled in.
sean chisham
Albertibass
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Albertibass »

WoodSheddin wrote:
Albertibass wrote:i think the year that Pokorny was in Los Angeles, Fedderly filled the spot in Chicago. But of course i could be wrong.
Floyd Cooley was the man you are thinking of who filled in.
yeah that would make more sense since he is in the chicago area. because the question i would have had after all that is: If Pokory filled in for LA, and Fedderly for Chicago, then who filled in for Baltimore. But yeah that makes sense.
Albertibass
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Albertibass »

Alfie72287 wrote:
Albertibass wrote:is it this one
i have this one, and i think the year is 1993, and not 1990. In Gene Pokorny's orchestral excerpts CD, the notes say that he was in Los Angeles for the 1992-1993 season. (the cd above was recorded on june 15th of 1993, according to amazon.com). And if im not mistaken, i think the year that Pokorny was in Los Angeles, Fedderly filled the spot in Chicago. But of course i could be wrong.
It is that one, but the liner says it was recorded in 1990.
yeah thats odd. maybe i misread it, but i swear i saw june 15th of 1993 as the day listed at amazon. maybe that was when it was released or something like that.
Pete Link
bugler
bugler

Post by Pete Link »

This recording is without a doubt Gene Pokorny. You can hear his sound and phrasing all over it. One of my favorite recordings for sure. It was very well engineered I think and sounds super clean on an audiophile type stereo system.

Pete