Bournemouth Symphony and Lyndhurst Orchestra

in that recording
davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler
Location: My Old Kentucky Home in Marietta, GA (or little England way beyond Wales)

Bournemouth Symphony and Lyndhurst Orchestra

Post by davidgilbreath »

Bournemouth S.O. recorded a magnificent CD, on the Argo label, around 6 June 1990 in Winchester Cathedral featuring some fabulous performances of great English hymns. Two of my favorites/favourites are the Hubert Parry pieces, " I was Glad (Gordon Jacob arrangement) and "Jerusalem". (Tremendous brass shouts on the "I was Glad"). Since it was recorded seventeen years ago, I am surmising that Andy Cresci, the current BSO tubaist, didn't play. Does anyone know who did? Definitely some manly fortissimos on the CD

The Lyndhurst Orchestra was the orchestra of record for "Gladiator". Who was the tubaist for that? Try as I might, I can't always be certain there was a tuba playing. My guess is that some of the pieces had one, but I don't trust my ears.

David Gilbreath
". . . and madly he played . . . "
David Gilbreath
1925 Conn New Wonder Monster Front Action BBb
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v

mariettapopsorchestra.org
davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler
Location: My Old Kentucky Home in Marietta, GA (or little England way beyond Wales)

Post by davidgilbreath »

Thank you very much for the Slade info. One question down and one to go.

David Gilbreath
David Gilbreath
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v

davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler

Post by davidgilbreath »

The BSO e-mailed me yesterday and said that Andrew Cresci, the current tubaist, was the also on the Argo recording.
David Gilbreath
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v