In Heaven There is No Beer

in that recording
David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, mostly. Also Greater Seattle at times.

In Heaven There is No Beer

Post by David Richoux »

Since it is still Oktoberfest time (unofficially) my band is still playing some of those kinds of gigs - lots of polkas n stuff.

This arrangement by Whoopie John Wilfahrt is quite interesting but I can't seem to track down who is on tuba.

I did find a photo from 1924 with some names, but no idea if the recording was done by the same band.

Any connection to Harold Loeffelmacher? (Other than that they were both from New Ulm.)
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: In Heaven There is No Beer

Post by The Big Ben »

My, goodness...

Whoopie John Wilfahrt... One of my pals inherited a box of Whoopie John 78s from his parents who brought them from Wisconsin...
toobagrowl
5 valves
5 valves

Post by toobagrowl »

Der Cammack may be the tubist for Woopee John:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2690
Chuck Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Chuck Jackson »

Dave,

I have a TON of Six Fat Dutchmen recordings in various guises (the best of which, oddly enough, is on an 8 Track) and I am 99.8% sure that the tuba player is Harold Loeffelmacher. All his trademark licks are there as is his really nice sound. I would bet the baby on it. That is a VERY NICE arrangement. I think I may have it on a Regional Dutchmen release. Give me a month and I'll get back to you. My brother lives in Milwaukee and sends me all the odd-ball Polka recordings he finds, one of which I believe is this very recording on a 45.

Chuck
I drank WHAT?!!-Socrates