Mnozil Brass

in that recording
fairweathertuba
3 valves
3 valves

Mnozil Brass

Post by fairweathertuba »

This is some great playing! I really like the F tuba here, tremdous German sound, in tune, good technique. I don't think it looks like too much fun to stand up and play holding a tuba like that though.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhjO_H00 ... re=related

So, anyway not much of a challenge to find out who the tuba player is, but still , this is a very fine group!
Last edited by fairweathertuba on Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happiness is a warm tuba.
David Richoux
5 valves
5 valves
Location: San Francisco Bay Area, mostly. Also Greater Seattle at times.

Re: Monzil Brass

Post by David Richoux »

The group website has some interesting info on that Bb horn (not exactly a Mell.) http://www.mnozilbrass.at/241.html?&L=1 and scroll down to see the bent trumpet...
fairweathertuba
3 valves
3 valves

Yes their website is interesting but maybe the translation into English is a little odd:

The Bandmnozil brass has been around since 1992.

what began in vienna in josef mnozil’s tavern has become so well-known in concert circles that we now hold more than 120 concerts a year around the world.

we play applied brass music for people from all walks of life.

we face every challenge, no tone is too high for us, no lip is too hot and no music is too inferior.

you can see our music and you can smell the stage performance.

in our current show "SEVEN", we deal with all relevant questions of life, so if something is not clear to you, please come and pay us a visit.

I am not really sure if I want to smell anyone's performance!
PatReunion
lurker
lurker

Post by PatReunion »

In order to play standing without too much fatigue, Mr Brandstötter uses the "Tuba Belt". I think it's an interesting device, isn't it ?
fairweathertuba
3 valves
3 valves

the elephant wrote:No Monzil, but Mnozil, pronounced "nozzle" with a hint of an "M" at the front.

Just spreading the good word... :D

fixed it! :D Also, looked at a few more of their vids on youtube... errmmm that one dude's pelvic thrusts are really out there!