Prokofiev 7/Los Angeles/Previn

in that recording
Chuck Jackson
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Prokofiev 7/Los Angeles/Previn

Post by Chuck Jackson »

James, check the archives. This has been discussed.
I drank WHAT?!!-Socrates
Pete Link
bugler
bugler

Post by Pete Link »

russiantuba wrote:Chuck, I already saw this.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5595&p=41079&hilit= ... hil#p41079" target="_blank" target="_blank

I do know Bobo played on 5 and 6 (amazing recordings), but this recording was 1988 which was the year I believe he left. My friend who knows the recordings confirmed this and doesn't know who is on this. It isn't listed on Bobo's website, and really doesn't sound like him. Great recording, but can anyone confirm or send me the discussion, because this is the only thing which appeared in the tubenet search before I even posted this.
Not sure about the 7th, but Roger recently confirmed(via FB)that the 5th with Previn was actually Norm Pearson. He said he was out doing the VW concerto somewhere. I too had always figured it was him as well.

Wonderful playing, Norm!

Cheers
Norm Pearson
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Norm Pearson »

Pete Link wrote: Not sure about the 7th, but Roger recently confirmed(via FB)that the 5th with Previn was actually Norm Pearson. He said he was out doing the VW concerto somewhere. I too had always figured it was him as well.

Wonderful playing, Norm!

Cheers
As much as I would like to take credit I did not record Prokofiev 5 with Previn. I talked to Roger about that last March and I'm pretty sure Roger did indeed do that recording. The only recording I am on before September 1989 is Previn/Alexander Nevsky. I'm not sure about the 7th,if it wasn't Roger it's possible it was Tommy Johnson, I would have to listen to it to be sure.

To clear up any confusion about who recorded what:
Roger Bobo played on almost every recording from 1964 to 1989. Tommy Johnson subbed on a few over the years but I'm not sure which ones. I filled in for Roger from September to December in 1986, that's when we recorded Nevsky. I was on all of the recordings from September 1989 to August 1992. Gene Pokorny was on at least two recordings from September 1992-August 1993.
I am on all of the recordings from September 1993 to the present except for Husa Music from Prague. I was ill and Jeff Anderson filled in for me.

I hope that clears things up.

Norm Pearson