in the Johann Strauss Orchestra?

in that recording
SpinyLobster
lurker
lurker

in the Johann Strauss Orchestra?

Post by SpinyLobster »

Hi,
My kids very irritatingly have started watching Andre Rieu DVDs at my mother-in-law's house. I watched it with them the other day and thought the tubist was pretty good. I googled his name, Ton Maessen, but can't find anything else about his playing. Anybody know else he does or what he did before? Thanks.
Lars Trawen
bugler
bugler
Location: Former the cold Sweden, now enjoying the sun in Portugal

Re: in the Johann Strauss Orchestra?

Post by Lars Trawen »

This is the only I can find about him.
http://www.andrerieu.com/en/andre-jso/t ... on-maessen" target="_blank
Lars
Melton/Meinl Weston 200 Spezial
SpinyLobster
lurker
lurker

Post by SpinyLobster »

Thanks, Lars. All I can find is things to do with Andre Rieu too. Surely, this guy must have done something else!
SpinyLobster
lurker
lurker

Post by SpinyLobster »

Well, quite by accident, I have discovered that Ton Maessen was a music teacher in Maastricht (I was reading a bio on another website and he was listed as their first teacher). So well done him on getting a regular gig with an orchestra, even though I really wouldn't fancy it myself.
SpinyLobster
lurker
lurker

Post by SpinyLobster »

Yep, it's not exactly complimentary, is it? Could be worse, some of the female members of the orchestra have references to their looks and marital status in their bios, which we all know is very important to making music well! :? So, to paraphrase, "our tuba player was a bit.pants, but is passable now" is not the worst. Bit unfair though.