Billy Joel: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant Bookmark and Share

in that recording

Billy Joel: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

Postby TubaTodd » Sat Mar 26, 2005 4:01 pm

This morning I was getting back to my Long Island roots and I was listening to my Billy Joel collection. While I was listening I heard a tuba part in one of the tunes. Does anyone know who played tuba in "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" ?
Todd Morgan
Conn 52J - Sidey SSH Classic - MF3H
TubaTodd
4 valves
4 valves

Postby TMurphy » Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:35 pm

It's not a tuba, just an electric bass. It sounds like one, though, and in the context of the song, would've been appropriate (during the dixie section, with the clarinet solo, right?), but it's still just a bass.
TMurphy
4 valves
4 valves

Postby TubaTodd » Thu Mar 31, 2005 4:27 pm

TMurphy wrote:It's not a tuba, just an electric bass. It sounds like one, though, and in the context of the song, would've been appropriate (during the dixie section, with the clarinet solo, right?), but it's still just a bass.

I will need to listen to it again. I may have made a post before properly analyzing what I was hearing. If it is a bass, then it sounds unlike any other bass I have heard.
Todd Morgan
Conn 52J - Sidey SSH Classic - MF3H
TubaTodd
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Billy Joel: Scenes from an Italian Restaurant

Postby davisron » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:28 pm

This is an old post, but worth an answer. Album personnel for "The Stranger" lists "Richie Cannata – tenor and soprano saxophones, clarinet, flute, organ, tuba"
davisron
lurker
lurker

Return to Who played tuba ...