TheHauntedPalace

in that recording
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

TheHauntedPalace

Post by EdFirth »

It's a 1963 film based on a Poe story with Vincent Price and Lon Chaney Jr. The tuba has the melody for more than half the score. I love the tune. George Boujee? Thanks and it's definitely worth a listen if you haven't seen and heard it.Ed
The Singing Whale
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Re: TheHauntedPalace

Post by Ace »

Thanks, Ed. Try this link to hear a bit of the sound track.

https://youtu.be/t2tZ1MdnzxY?t=3" target="_blank

Ace
EdFirth
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EdFirth »

I recorded the whole thing during a Vincent Price marathon around Halloween and torture my wife on commercial breaks in whatever we're watching by playing the Overture (the link you posted). Your link led me to an introduction to the movie by Price himself and he states that the story is actually by a guy named Lovecraft with "a smattering of Poe". Thanks for finding it. But who is the tuba player? Ed
The Singing Whale
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

EdFirth wrote:I recorded the whole thing during a Vincent Price marathon around Halloween and torture my wife on commercial breaks in whatever we're watching by playing the Overture (the link you posted). Your link led me to an introduction to the movie by Price himself and he states that the story is actually by a guy named Lovecraft with "a smattering of Poe". Thanks for finding it. But who is the tuba player? Ed
I wonder if Norm Pearson, LA Phil tubist, would know who the player was in The Haunted Palace? He seems to know a lot of the LA-Hollywood tuba lore from that era. Hope you can solve this, Norm.

Ace