The Longest Yard Bookmark and Share

in that recording

The Longest Yard

Postby ContraEuph » Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:58 am

Kind of interesting. I went to see the Longest Yard last night and in the scene of the convicts in the stand at the game near the end, they had a convict band and one was holding a helicon. Nothing big, just interesting. During the orchestra parts, there was some great low brass in there. I was wondering who was in the low brass line-up?
ContraEuph

I know

Postby EricMSpiritoso » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:59 pm

1,2,3-ee, nahhhhhhhhhhh. I bet it's some Hollywood guys. They don't need accompaniment. Did the credits mention who the guy holding the tuba was?
Speaking of awesome low brass in recent films, you should check out the tenor and bass bones in Mr. and Mrs. Smith. Sick stuff I'm sure you'd love. There's also a lot of cool background music with uncommon instrumentation that works really well.
EricMSpiritoso

Me itchyyyy

Postby ScratchNSniff » Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:44 pm

Well I have one that I have been working on...... guys I don't need you.... HIT IT.,....... 1-2-3eee NAAAAAHHHHHHH
ScratchNSniff

Postby mongrol2 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:07 am

Guys, I love you all. Fond, fond memories, my beloved IEI.

Strings need to be pulled to make sure this happens again ("this" being the return of a wonderful encore soloist)

Somebody's got a recording of someone's rendition of someone's timeless classic..... :)
mongrol2

Re: The Longest Yard

Postby fun_in_the_sun » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:02 am

ContraEuph wrote:I was wondering who was in the low brass line-up?

I believe he asked a question......I'm also under the assumption that he didn't want his response in the form of an inside joke.
fun_in_the_sun

Postby mongrol2 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:47 am

I believe he asked a question......I'm also under the assumption that he didn't want his response in the form of an inside joke.

Just consider all of that a little bumpage. If you know the answer, please let us know. Obviously, none of us knows the answer--we're just having fun.
mongrol2

Postby ContraEuph » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:51 am

Its ok guys. Thanks for the laugh anyway.
ContraEuph

Return to Who played tuba ...