Tarnish on Lining of Gigbag

The bulk of the musical talk
Z-Tuba Dude
5 valves
5 valves

Tarnish on Lining of Gigbag

Post by Z-Tuba Dude »

Has anyone else discovered a problem with (black) tarnish rubbing off, onto the lining of their leather gigbag? :(

I have a Chronkhite leather bag, with a light grey interior that shows black areas near where the rotary valve cluster rubs, as well as the 4th valve tubing on the back.

Any ideas as to how to clean it?

THANKS!
Chuck(G)
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Tarnish on Lining of Gigbag

Post by Chuck(G) »

Z-Tuba Dude wrote:Has anyone else discovered a problem with (black) tarnish rubbing off, onto the lining of their leather gigbag? :(

I have a Chronkhite leather bag, with a light grey interior that shows black areas near where the rotary valve cluster rubs, as well as the 4th valve tubing on the back.
!
It happens with both rotary and piston valved tubas on all gig bags. I wonder why linings on some bags are light-colored. It's gonna happen, after all, so it might as well not show.

You might try some aerosol cleaner intended for upholstery. Otherwise, just live with it.
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Post by Dan Schultz »

Hey! Someone needs to make a bag that polishes the tuba while it is being carried!
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.