Anybody playtested the ZO Tubas?

The bulk of the musical talk
Kdtuba
bugler
bugler

Anybody playtested the ZO Tubas?

Post by Kdtuba »

I've been looking around for 5/4 and 6/4 tubas to see if there's anything I'm interested in and a friend of mine pointed me in the direction of the ZO Industrial tubas. They look like they have some good stuff about them, but obviously without it sitting in front of me it's hard to tell.

Have any of yall played on them?

Here's a link to them if you want to look and have never heard of them. http://www.euphonium.biz/thunderbird" target="_blank
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Anybody playtested the ZO Tubas?

Post by Ken Crawford »

I don't think that the Zhengou Industrial Company has any affiliation with Jinbao. ZO is in Hengshui City and Jinbao is in Tianjin.
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

http://www.euphonium.biz/thunderbird" target="_blank

At least they are honest!!

"Since it is manufactured in China, it is brand new, but very small scratches and dents, plating floats etc may be seen."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kdtuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Kdtuba »

Wow thanks for the reply bloke. That looks like the 5/4 CC that they sell. I've literally not heard anything about them other than a few 40 second videos of people playing them in the mid register. I messaged Tony a little bit today to ask him about the 5/4 design but I don't think it's similar to anything I would be familiar with. I asked Tony when he would be in the USA again for an opportunity to try these things out, but just told me he'd keep me updated when they had news. I know they went to NAMM, but it's kinda far for me to go. I really hope they can get some traveling sales reps to take them to some big conferences.

I currently own a Big Mouth Brass J845-SP and I like just about everything about it. I like that the 5th is close to the other valves instead of on a big linkage system 7 inches away from the actual thumb trigger. The silver playing is wearing off on a spot on the bell where it looks like there was some kind of magnet or something there for a long time. I like it overall and am glad I got it for the price I did. I've only had good experiences with Chinese made tubas so I'm optimistic about testing out some of their horns.