Recital by Demondrae Thurman Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Recital by Demondrae Thurman

Postby enhite » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:34 am

Dr. Demondrae Thurman is giving a euphonium recital at Indiana University, Bloomington, on Friday, January 17, 2020 at 5pm EST. His listed repertoire is: Victorino d’Almeida: Insinuações (2018), Barfield: Meditations of Sound and Light (2007), Schulz: RoonSonata (2003), and Stephenson: Fantasie (2005).
As many of you know from hearing him play at ITEA conferences and from his recordings, Dr. Thurman is a virtuosic musician.
Great news for anyone who can’t make the trip to Indiana: His recital will be live streamed by the Jacobs School of Music. Here is a link to the IU live streaming website: https://iumusiclive.music.indiana.edu/" target="_blank
Last edited by enhite on Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
enhite
lurker
lurker

Re: Recital by Demondrae Thurman

Postby hup_d_dup » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

enhite wrote: July 17, 2020

I think you mean January 17 (today).

Hup
Facebook is your friend, your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend your friend
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Postby enhite » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:45 am

Thank you for the "heads up" on my mistake. I've corrected the post to reflect the correct date: January 17, 2020.
enhite
lurker
lurker

Postby bloke » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:59 am

Just lately, I've been called to play with a per-service orchestra featuring Jenny Grégoire (Mrs. Thurman - a charming, talented, down-to-earth person) as concertmaster. (I've mentioned this here before...)

I wonder if she'll be able to continue to work with that orchestra - once they are completely moved (I'm just assuming...??) to Bloomington.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator

Postby russiantuba » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:19 pm

bloke wrote:Just lately, I've been called to play with a per-service orchestra featuring Jenny Grégoire (Mrs. Thurman - a charming, talented, down-to-earth person) as concertmaster. (I've mentioned this here before...)

I wonder if she'll be able to continue to work with that orchestra - once they are completely moved (I'm just assuming...??) to Bloomington.

Demondrae is also on faculty at Samford University in Alabama where he holds the rank of full professor https://www.samford.edu/arts/music/faculty-and-staff. I assume the IU position is still adjunct with an agreement from both institutions.
Dr. James M. Green
Lecturer of Music--Low Brass
Ohio Northern University
Gronitz PF 125
Miraphone 1291CC
russiantuba
pro musician
pro musician

Postby bloke » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:35 pm

That’s great !
I’m glad I went off on a tangent. I found out something.
Thank you.
bloke

Postby djwpe » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:51 am

Demondrae is a full professor at IU. Jenny is faculty at U of Alabama, and they live in Tuscaloosa. Demondrae commutes weekly to Bloomington.
djwpe
bugler
bugler

Return to TubeNet