Any opinions on the Wick "Heritage" 2.5CC?

The bulk of the musical talk
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Any opinions on the Wick "Heritage" 2.5CC?

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Any thoughts, info, testimonials, etc. on the Wick Heritage 2.5CC? I'm very curious about this m.p., but nobody in my area has one in stock to try out. I'd play it on a B&S "Neptune", and my understanding is that the 2.5CC does have a Euroshank. Thanks.
ASmith
bugler
bugler

Re: Any opinions on the Wick "Heritage" 2.5CC?

Post by ASmith »

I have no comment on how they play, but I can tell you they are a little hard to get at the moment. I've heard they are just super behind on production and short staffed like everyone else.
Rudy 5/4 CC
Willson 3400-FA5
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Any opinions on the Wick "Heritage" 2.5CC?

Post by barry grrr-ero »

. . . which is why I went ahead and ordered the last one that Amazon had available through a third party (I don't normally use Amazon). I can return it if it doesn't fit the Neptune's receiver correctly. I'm very curious, because while it does have a relatively large 8.6 bore throat, D.W. claims they've reworked the backbore on the 2.5 model. They're claiming that the high end is good and the intonation is "unusually good" (something like that). Normally Wick tuba m.p.'s are just sort of straight in the back bore - not much taper to them. I don't know if this one will have the gold plated rim and cup or not. I'm not real worried about that. The price was fairly reasonable - relatively speaking. Thanks for your input.