Schiller American Heritage Tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
TUBAD83
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Schiller American Heritage Tuba

Post by TUBAD83 »

TubaTinker wrote: Don't know about how lucky you and tallyrand are but the slides on my 1291 'clone' certainly don't match the 'slick-ness' of those on my REAL 1291. Maybe the Asians are REALLY paying attention to the posts here on TubeNet. That's was it's all about.... we've been telling 'em what we expect and apparently it's beginning to happen.
I would agree that the Asians are paying attention and making the adjustments--the slides on my 1291 clone are uber slick. They are slowly closing the quality gap.

JJ
Jerry Johnson
Schiller BBb "Schillbrunner" aka "JFK"
King 1241
Lone Star Symphonic Band
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

TUBAD83 wrote:I would agree that the Asians are paying attention and making the adjustments--the slides on my 1291 clone are uber slick. They are slowly closing the quality gap.

JJ
And when they do, I still won't buy one. Kind of like how you won't see many Japanese cars in Michigan.
LoTone
bugler
bugler

Post by LoTone »

Just thinking...

How about buying the same Chinese-made instrument (a.k.a. Jin Bao) from either Dillon Music in New Jersey or Baltimore Brass in Maryland?
In both cases, you will have access to a knowledgeable sales person to assist you in the purchase; something you will not get from Jim Laabs.

In the past, I have purchased an Euphonium from Jim Laabs and I was not impressed with either the pre-sale or post-sale experience.
Weril J681 CC
mammoth2ba
bugler
bugler

Post by mammoth2ba »

bort wrote:And when they do, I still won't buy one. Kind of like how you won't see many Japanese cars in Michigan.
As a lifetime resident of Michigan, I can assure you Japanese cars represent a major market share here. Plenty of Kias around too.
The tuba guy
lurker
lurker

Post by The tuba guy »

I want to buy Schiller Cc tuba... I'm thinking between these two models. Can you tell me something more about this brand? There are poor informations on the web.

https://www.schillerinstruments.com/tub ... lated-gold

https://www.schillerinstruments.com/tub ... ver-plated