Mark Wolfe

The bulk of the musical talk
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Mark Wolfe

Post by Alex C »

Ms. Widget wrote:Mark and I played in the State Orchestra of Mexico for a season.
He was a terrific tubist and a fine musician. He always had a ready smile, great curiosity about anything new and different, an upbeat attitude, and loved life. Everyone who knew him is better for that, and Mark will always be a part of us. Life is too short, so make every day count.
(Too humble, Kim.) These fine words are from the founder and head honcho of the Dallas Wind Symphony.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.
Matt Good
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Matt Good »

Alton Adkins of the Fort Worth Symphony has made a nice slide-show tribute to Mark. You may view it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY90OmZ9V0c
Matt Good
Principal Tuba
Dallas Symphony Orchestra
Jarrod
bugler
bugler

Post by Jarrod »

For clarification...some were having trouble finding out HOW to donate on the union website. I spoke with Ray Hair this afternoon, and all you do is go to the "Pay Dues Online" link, and write that it is for the Wolfe Family in the memo section

http://musiciansdfw.org/index.htm

Thanks to everyone who has donated

~Jarrod Robertson
vurltuba
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

AFM donations to Wolfe Family Fund

Post by vurltuba »

Jarrod wrote:For clarification...some were having trouble finding out HOW to donate on the union website. I spoke with Ray Hair this afternoon, and all you do is go to the "Pay Dues Online" link, and write that it is for the Wolfe Family in the memo section

http://musiciansdfw.org/index.htm

Thanks to everyone who has donated

~Jarrod Robertson

The way it is setup now, you can only contribute online through the Local 72-147's website if you are a member of Local 72-147, since you have to login to the Members' Area. So if you are a member of 72-147 please contribute as much as you can.

If you are not a member of the DFW AFM Local and would like to make a donation you have two options:

1) send a check or money order to:
American Federation of Musicians Local 72-147
1939 Stadium Oaks Court, Suite 110,
Arlington, TX 76011

2) send an email to:
Ken Krause, Local 72-147 Secretary-Treasurer
kkrause@musiciansdfw.org
In the memo put "Mark Wolfe Family Fund"
Indicate how much you would like to contribute in the body of the email. Ken will send you an email with a PayPal invoice link allowing you to contribute securely through the internet.
Vurl Bland
817 233 8920 mobile/text
vurltuba
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Re: Mark Wolfe Funeral & Remembrance Services

Post by vurltuba »

vurltuba wrote:Mark Wolfe Funeral & Remembrance Services

Date: Friday, 28th December 2007
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Venue: St. Philip the Apostle Roman Catholic Church
Address: 1897 W. Main Street (at the corner of Main & Kirkpatrick), Lewisville, Texas 75067

Church Website: http://stphilipcc.org/

The funeral service will follow strict Roman Catholic Church guidelines. In the Community Life Center, immediately following the main funeral service, there will be an opportunity for those wanting to say a few words to do so. Additionally, there will be a video / slide presentation "Remembering Mark Wolfe". For tuba / euphonium players able to attend there will be an impromptu ensemble performance for anyone desiring to participate.

Contributions to the Wolfe Family Fund are greatly appreciated and may be made payable to the Wolfe Family Fund, c/o Musicians’ Union, 1939 Stadium Oaks Court, Ste. 110, Arlington, Texas 76011
If you are planning on playing in the tuba ensemble at the Community Life Center following the Mark Wolfe Memorial Mass, please note the following:

1)email me at vurltuba@sbcglobal.net and let me know what instrument you will be playing (to make sure we have enough parts).

2)we will need to have a short rehearsal at 11:00 p.m.

3)bring a music stand.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at the above address or call me on my cellphone: 817 233 8920.

Warmest Wishes to All for the Holiday Season,
Vurl Bland
Last edited by vurltuba on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TubaRay
6 valves
6 valves

Post by TubaRay »

John Rider wrote: Mark helped me with getting an excellent CB50. He went way beyond what most folks would do. I hope to be able to return the favor with a student some day.
John Rider
In my opinion, this is one of the best ways we can honor someone.
Ray Grim
The TubaMeisters
San Antonio, Tx.