LoFi Flow Studies

The bulk of the musical talk
copelbaa
lurker
lurker

LoFi Flow Studies

Post by copelbaa »

Greetings fellow tuba players! My name is Brett Copeland and I am a tuba player and private lesson teacher in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area. Last year during the shutdowns I found myself with a lotttt of free time so I started making accompaniment tracks to my favorite routines and even started dabbling in the creation of my own flow-study type exercises.

This is probably my favorite exercise so far, LoFi LowFlow. It’s a flow study exercise that focuses on low register tone production, fluency in all 12 keys, and features extended harmonies (9ths and 13ths!!!) that challenge our ears.

If you are at all interested, please take a look at my YouTube demonstration of the exercise. If you’re reallllly interested in the exercise, I have both the pdf and audio track available for sale on my website: https://www.brettcopelandmusic.com/lofilowflow

This exercise (along with a bunch of others) can be found on my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/copelbaa/featured. I’ve adapted them for all flavors of tuba, euphonium, and trombone.
Brett Copeland
Tuba- Flower City Brass

Wessex TC694 "Chicago Presence"
MW 45 slp
Tubatooter
bugler
bugler

Re: LoFi Flow Studies

Post by Tubatooter »

Very nice, and very nice intonation and slurring in your playing too. These would be pleasant for anyone to play and useful to boot.
joshwirt
pro musician
pro musician

Re: LoFi Flow Studies

Post by joshwirt »

Have been LOVING your exercises and have shared your YouTube channel with all of my students!!!

Thanks for making these resources available!!!

Cheers,
Josh
Elmhurst University - Applied Professor of Tuba/Euphonium
Elmhurst Symphony - Principal Tuba
Wintergreen Music Festival - Principal Tuba
New Chicago Brass
Ottava Quartet