Need help identifying a Miraphone Tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
tubaseller345
lurker
lurker

Need help identifying a Miraphone Tuba

Post by tubaseller345 »

I was wondering if anyone could help me out here in identifying the year a tuba I am considering purchasing.

The serial number on the bell is: BB b1291- 9090905

Here is a link to the photo: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

If you could email me suggestions on what a fair price would be I would appriciate it since I am new to buying tubas :)

My email is: tubaseller345@gmail.com
BrassedOn
bugler
bugler

Re: Need help identifying a Miraphone Tuba

Post by BrassedOn »

Something looks amiss. The model number is a front action Miraphone, but the pics are a top action Accent brand. Thank makes me wary. As far as Accent, lesser known brand, maybe made in China or something, maybe based on another design, but the kind of thing you’d have to play and feel to judge quality, playability, and price. I saw a B stock Accent horn (might have been a euph) listed for $1700, and one posted here for sale $3000, so that’s some indication. And looks like you’re new to Tubenet, so probably a good idea to read more and see the kinds of things people are looking for in horns.
"Do less, better."
19xx? Blessing Sousaphone BBb
1970s King 3b Silver Sonic
1976 Fender Precision bass
Easy Mac
bugler
bugler

Re: Need help identifying a Miraphone Tuba

Post by Easy Mac »

As stated, the photos show a cheapo Accent tuba. The bell does not have the Miraphone logo at all, so you must have linked to photos of a completely different tuba than what you are asking about. Please check and use the Edit function to link to photos of the tuba you are asking about. Include a photo of the bell engraving that shows the Miraphone logo, the model number (BBb 1291), and the serial number (9090905). This is NOT the tuba in your photos.

The tuba in the photos is not worth much more than $950 to $1000 as a used instrument. A Miraphone 1291 is worth several times more than this, easily, and is a completely different instrument than the cheap Accent tuba in the pics.

Here is a 1291. Note the price (new) and the physical layout.

Miraphone 1291 BBb at Horn Guys