Info about Tianjin Frater Music Brass Instruments

The bulk of the musical talk
Somarithedark
bugler
bugler

Info about Tianjin Frater Music Brass Instruments

Post by Somarithedark »

Hi all,

Today I've discovered Tianjin Frater Musical Instruments through a kind user on tubenet. Like other Chinese manufacturers, they seem to have a robust and cheap variety of all sorts of instruments. Does anybody have any experience with them? Or, are they the same company as the likes of Tainjin Jinbao? I saw a lot of "Tianjin _____" companies selling musical instruments. Just trying to educate myself more on what the Chinese instrument world is all about. I'd love to get a euphonium or trombone from a company like them, if it's actually worth the price. Thanks!
"Shouldn't we all be practicing right now?"

Reece Ashley
reeceash2000@gmail.com
Miraphone 283 "Norweigan Star" 5/4 Eb
Wessex "Chicago Presence" 6/4 CC
Boston Conservatory Tuba Performance 2025
Cthuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Info about Tianjin Frater Music Brass Instruments

Post by Cthuba »

I too am also curious about this company as they have a new 6 valve f that has sparked my interest.
Gnagey 4/4

That which is dead can eternal lie and with many strange aeons even tubas will fly
-A Misquote from HP Lovecraft.
The Brute Squad
bugler
bugler

Post by The Brute Squad »

Not familiar with the company, unfortunately, but if I had to guess, the reason for all the Tianjin X companies is probably that they're all based in the city of Tianjin.
Joe K

Player of tuba, taker of photos, breaker of things (mostly software)

Miraphone 181 F w/ GW Matanuska/Yamaha John Griffiths
Kalison Daryl Smith w/ Blokepiece (#2 32.6, Orchestra Grand Cup, Symphony American shank)
fkin
bugler
bugler

Post by fkin »

i live in hong kong, bought from them via alibaba.com several times for the past 4-5years and found that the frater music is reliable. i bought from them a few trombones(large tenor and bass ) , a CC practise tuba(practically the same
as the wessex https://www.wessex-tubas.com/products/c ... nome-tc161 ), and they still plays good after 3 to 4 years. but i dont play them every day. i am looking to sell out the CC practise tuba just because i want to buy the CC 410 4/4 5valves CC from them. i think the Frater music sell genuine jinbao instruments .