Post by jtuba »

Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

Stephen Shoop
bugler
bugler

Re: ITEC 2023

Post by Stephen Shoop »

Seeking information about proposals (clinic session and/or performance) that were rejected. Please PM or email me- stephen_shoop@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Leto Cruise
bugler
bugler

Post by Leto Cruise »

Stephen Shoop wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:46 pm Seeking information about proposals (clinic session and/or performance) that were rejected. Please PM or email me- stephen_shoop@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Careful or they’ll come for you. Easy to figure out what type of person was rejected
Leto Cruise
Professional Tubist/Actor
YamaYork CC
MRP F
circusboy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by circusboy »

Why so coy, Leto? You've got me curious, so please explain.

(I have no affiliation with ITEC: never been, not a member, never had proposals accepted or rejected.)
Leto Cruise
bugler
bugler

Post by Leto Cruise »

circusboy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm Why so coy, Leto? You've got me curious, so please explain.

(I have no affiliation with ITEC: never been, not a member, never had proposals accepted or rejected.)
Stephen is asking all of the right questions. Wouldn’t have to ask why proposals were rejected unless there is more at play here. Perhaps those who sent proposals can chime in?
Leto Cruise
Professional Tubist/Actor
YamaYork CC
MRP F
kingrob76
3 valves
3 valves

Post by kingrob76 »

I just went through the conference schedule, and, in my humble and not at all important opinion, there are waaay too many recitals and not enough "teaching" sessions. He's pretty much retired, but I would love to hear Dave Fedderly talk about respiratory functions (as an example). I'd love to hear someone like Tom Holtz talk about the real world "hustle" involved with free lancing in a Metro area with the highest ratio of professional tuba players per capita in the world. I'd love to see coaching of players (Dan Perantoni is doing this I saw) every single day, if not twice a day. Knowledge sharing is more than just demonstrating someone's interpretation of a Bach flute concerto.
Rob. Just Rob.
tubaphillips
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubaphillips »

Leto Cruise wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:38 pm
Stephen Shoop wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:46 pm Seeking information about proposals (clinic session and/or performance) that were rejected. Please PM or email me- stephen_shoop@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Careful or they’ll come for you. Easy to figure out what type of person was rejected
Who’s they?
Harry Phillips
1954 Conn Naked Lady 20K
jakewillis
bugler
bugler

Post by jakewillis »

Leto Cruise wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:57 pm
circusboy wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:41 pm Why so coy, Leto? You've got me curious, so please explain.

Stephen is asking all of the right questions. Wouldn’t have to ask why proposals were rejected unless there is more at play here. Perhaps those who sent proposals can chime in?
I mostly lurk on here, but I wanted to say this - if all you can do is ask questions, you have nothing.

Pardon my directness, but put up or shut up. Don’t ask more questions, have the integrity to make statements.
tubaphillips
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubaphillips »

jakewillis wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 9:23 pm
Leto Cruise wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:57 pm

I mostly lurk on here, but I wanted to say this - if all you can do is ask questions, you have nothing.

Pardon my directness, but put up or shut up. Don’t ask more questions, have the integrity to make statements.
They're only asking questions because they know that the statements that they wish to make are abhorrent
Harry Phillips
1954 Conn Naked Lady 20K