B&S Chinese Tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
TubaBurner
lurker
lurker

B&S Chinese Tuba

Post by TubaBurner »

I saw on the Tuba Exchange website there is now a Chinese-made CC tuba from B&S. Has anyone played it? Does anyone in “the know” have an idea how involved their Chinese factory is with their existing models?

You can see the listing here: https://www.tubaexchange.com/collection ... 5804253239

Here’s the description from the website:

Brand new model from B&S! The B&S 795 International Series 4/4 CC Tuba design concept came from B&S artist Dan Perantoni (Mr. P.) with the idea of offering an excellent CC tuba with lots of power that is easy to play, very rewarding, and economical for players. Taking blueprints from a York-style inspired design, B&S engineers were able to create something quite unique. A collaboration between our master craftsmen on the research and development team in our German workshops and the brass craftsmen in our company-owned production facility in Beijing, China has made projects such as this and other exciting developments possible.

Bore: 0.748" (1-3) / 0.787” (4) / 0.846” (5)

Bell: 19"
TheodoreSmith
bugler
bugler

Re: B&S Chinese Tuba

Post by TheodoreSmith »

Last edited by TheodoreSmith on Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B&S PT-7PS
Yamaha Yeb-321
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by jtuba »

Played one at the Army conference. I thought it played well and was put together well. I didn't check the pitch tendency
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

T. J. Ricer
pro musician
pro musician

Post by T. J. Ricer »

That first link certainly looks like the Nirschl 4/4 and/or the Besson CC.
Thomas J. Ricer, DMA
Royal Hawaiian Band - University of Hawaii at Manoa - Yamaha Performing Artist

http://www.TJRicer.com

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon