Finger buttons and stems

The bulk of the musical talk
Argtuba1
lurker
lurker

Finger buttons and stems

Post by Argtuba1 »

Anyone know if Sellmansberger is still making those boss finger buttons and stems everyone seems to love??
GeoffC_UK
bugler
bugler

Re: Finger buttons and stems

Post by GeoffC_UK »

Easy Mac
bugler
bugler

Post by Easy Mac »

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 11.57.37 AM.png
You have to be a member to see that. Maybe you should just say what you want to say?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Easy Mac
bugler
bugler

Post by Easy Mac »

Argtuba1 wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:21 am Anyone know if Sellmansberger is still making those boss finger buttons and stems everyone seems to love??
I have not seen or heard about these products for years. I know the finger buttons went bye-bye some time back. I never heard that the stems had been put into production.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

The stems are ultra rare, there may have only been one run of them...? Joe himself is the only person I've ever known to have the stems.

The buttons had a few runs, but are still rare. I've owned a few sets over the years, and they are nice... But it's been probably 10-15 years since they have been made.

Best bet moving forward is to contact Martin Wilk... He makes new lightweight finger buttons with some customization options. I believe he uses aluminum, instead of stainless steel.