Best tuba repair shop in California

The bulk of the musical talk
gillish
lurker
lurker

Best tuba repair shop in California

Post by gillish »

Hi everyone! I am looking for the best repair shop on the west coast - preferably in California/Bay Area.

I have a 1920's Conn sousaphone (pictured) that needs some dent and leak work. This is my main performance horn, and I have unfortunately had some very bad experiences with regular brass repairs people doing shoddy work that later had to be reversed. I am hoping to avoid going through that again.

Any recommendations on who to go to? Who to avoid? I am in San Jose, CA. The closer the better, but honestly for a horn this old I'm willing to fly to a repair shop if I need to.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Renodoc
bugler
bugler

Re: Best tuba repair shop in California

Post by Renodoc »

I've been incredibly happy with Tim's music in Sacramento. I live in Reno and drive over when I need serious repairs done. In talking with my tuba instructor here in Reno who plays with the Reno Phil, Tim's does a lot of the repairs for tuba players all over the bay area
Andy Pasternak
Family Doc in the Biggest Little City
Hirsbrunner HB7
gillish
lurker
lurker

Post by gillish »

Renodoc wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:17 pm I've been incredibly happy with Tim's music in Sacramento. I live in Reno and drive over when I need serious repairs done. In talking with my tuba instructor here in Reno who plays with the Reno Phil, Tim's does a lot of the repairs for tuba players all over the bay area
Thank you! I will reach out to them now.
circusboy
4 valves
4 valves

Post by circusboy »

How about in Southern California?