Instrument Insurance

The bulk of the musical talk
binlove
bugler
bugler

Instrument Insurance

Post by binlove »

What are people using to insure their instruments, in their home, in transit, and at gigs? Anyone have any recommendations? Any advice on important factors to consider?
MKTuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Instrument Insurance

Post by MKTuba »

This topic seems to come up every once and awhile on here, and the Facebook tuba/euph group. Take a look at some old threads, and you may find some good answers!
B&S 3198 (PT6P)
Wilson 3200s

BM Tuba Performance @ Michigan State
tubaphillips
pro musician
pro musician

Post by tubaphillips »

binlove wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:22 pm What are people using to insure their instruments, in their home, in transit, and at gigs? Anyone have any recommendations? Any advice on important factors to consider?
Homeowners/renters insurance doesn't have nearly the same coverage as instrument insurance. Homeowners insurance is probably good enough for most hobbyists, but if you're tuba major in college or a Pro player and your horn gets daily use I HIGHLY suggest getting instrument insurance. Almost all instrument insurance companies offer the same thing, but I've had good customer service experiences with Anderson. Their CEO is a low brass guy.
Harry Phillips
1954 Conn Naked Lady 20K
AHynds
3 valves
3 valves

Post by AHynds »

I'll give a vote for Clarion. Never had any issues, and getting things taken off and put on the policy is incredibly easy and painless. Good rates, too.
Aaron Hynds, DMA
Lecturer, Music Business & New Media - University of Kentucky
I like to make and record sounds with metal pipes and computers.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

binlove wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 7:22 pm What are people using to insure their instruments, in their home, in transit, and at gigs? Anyone have any recommendations? Any advice on important factors to consider?
Clarion. Clarion. Clarion.

Don't look back.

:tuba:
Fritztuba
bugler
bugler

Post by Fritztuba »

Music Pro. I have never made a claim but very easy to deal with and edit your policy. I think a great price as well.