attn New England peeps: New Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble in Southeastern CT

The bulk of the musical talk
arpthark
5 valves
5 valves

attn New England peeps: New Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble in Southeastern CT

Post by arpthark »

Hello everyone!

I will be leading the inaugural rehearsal of SECTuba: the Southeastern Connecticut Tuba-Euphonium Ensemble. This group is a brand new branch of the Noank-Mystic (CT) Community Band Ensembles initiative.

There will be an open reading session next Tuesday, 5/16/2023 from 7:00-8:30pm at the Groton Senior Center, 102 Newtown Rd, Groton, CT 06340.

We will be sight-reading a lot of pieces. Come on over, play some low notes, and get your feet wet in a tuba-euphonium ensemble!

If any tuba players proficiently play bass tuba (Eb or F), please also bring your bass tuba along. Everyone should also please bring a music stand.

This is just a reading session; no formal commitment is required to the group, but regular rehearsals will commence on Tuesday, June 6 at 7:00pm and will occur weekly thereafter. We would love to see you there after Memorial Day! There is an opportunity for us to perform at various local venues and as a featured group at Noank-Mystic Community Band concerts. Tell all your tuba-and-euphonium-loving friends!

Repertoire for the reading session will be chosen as follows (we will likely not get to all of it!)
Wabash Cannon Ball - trad., arr. Garrett
Shenandoah - trad., arr. Taylor
Got to Get You Into My Life - Lennon/McCartney, arr. Taylor
Here, There and Everywhere - Lennon/McCartney, arr. Taylor
Other various Beatles and pop tunes - arr. Taylor
Chorale: Aus tiefer Not - Walter, arr. Gray
Lied der Braut - Schumann, arr. Gray
Two Dances from Terpsichore - Praetorius, arr. Gray
Bist du bei mir - Bach, arr. Gray
Der Wegweiser from Winterreise - Schubert, arr. Gray
Two Pieces - Purcell, arr. Gray
March for the Prince of Wales - Haydn, arr. Gray
Howndawg Stomp - Skip Gray
Waltz No. 2 - Shostakovich, arr. Taylor
Song of the Blacksmith from 2nd Suite in F - Holst, arr. Taylor
Intermezzo from 1st Suite in Eb - Holst, arr. Taylor

If you are interested, send me a PM or email at beanhillbrass at gmail dot com.