Piggy tweaks or customizations

The bulk of the musical talk
royjohn
3 valves
3 valves

Piggy tweaks or customizations

Post by royjohn »

I'm really enjoying playing my new-to-me Piggy. It seems like the initial questions about intonation are resolving as I play the horn more...I seem to be
learning to lip most notes into tune and I am learning a few alternate fingerings for other notes. I love the tone and it is lighter than any other horns I've played, too.

However, my restless mind continues to wonder about tweaks for this horn. I think there is more than one leadpipe folks have used and I also wonder if anyone has had their leadpipe lifted off the bell. The only thing I'm contemplating doing at present is taking the water key off the side of the MTS and installing a Saturn water key on the bottom of that slide instead. That way I won't have to turn the horn on it's side to get rid of water. Seems like the stock water key is in an inconvenient place to me.

So I wonder if anyone who has or has had a Piggy has done anything to it to improve performance.
Thanks, guys,
royjohn
royjohn
eutubabone
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Piggy tweaks or customizations

Post by eutubabone »

Hi,
Send me I your email and I will send you a short video of my 2nd valve slide kicker that I designed from plumbing parts from a local hardware for approx.$60 in parts, 4-5 hours labor.
Brent Vokes
Eutubabone54@gmail.com