Yamayork

The bulk of the musical talk
tclements
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Yamayork

Post by tclements »

Recently, I had the opportunity to play a Yamayork. And, yes, it IS worth the money. Darned thing plays itself!
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Re: Yamayork

Post by Dylan King »

So, is the only reason some folks who have spent that money on YamaYork’s and later switched to Eastman CC’s for endorsement deals? Why would they play a 10K horn and have their 30K Yamaha locked up in their basement?
Mira 291 CC
Yorkbrunner CC
Eastman CC
YFB-822 F
YFB-621 F
PT-10 F Clone
MackMini F
YBL622 B-TB
YSL891Z TB
Xeno Bb/C Trps
Taylor Bb/C Trp
Eclipse C Trp
Yamaha C Pic
Lawler C7 Trp
Osmun Corumpet
Carol Pocket Trp
Schagerl Gansch Horn
Monette Ajna Trumpet
Yoshi
bugler
bugler

Post by Yoshi »

Originally, Eastman York was a copy of Yamayork, right? My understanding is that, while Yamayork focused on making an exact copy of York owned by the Chicago Symphony, Eastman revised and added their own changes/improvements, so the two became slightly different over the time.

I think, there is not much point in comparing the two, since Yamayork will not change, while Eastman is constantly updating their model. Yamayork has own rationale for its existance, while Eastman is focusing on business aspect and making affordable options for many people (which is also important...though their price is also going up in recent years).

I got an impression that some professionals may be working with Eastman, since Eastman is more open to suggestions from professionals (and suggestions seems to be reflected promptly). While Yamaha seems to spend more time before releasing a new model.
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Maybe I'm just fooling myself, but I've yet to hear anyone get a sound out of an 836 that quite matches the YamaYork sound. Whether that difference in sound is worth paying 3X's more dinero for, is up to the purchaser.