RT-62 versus PT-62 tuba mouthpieces: the same?

The bulk of the musical talk
willako
bugler
bugler

RT-62 versus PT-62 tuba mouthpieces: the same?

Post by willako »

Hi, I live in Europe, where the PT-62 is sold. Is it the same as the RT-62? The descriptions are very similar. Thanks, Bill.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Re: RT-62 versus PT-62 tuba mouthpieces: the same?

Post by iiipopes »

You might email Bob Tucci directly: https://www.robert-tucci.com/
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
Robert Tucci
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

RT-62 and PT-62 Mouthpieces

Post by Robert Tucci »

In regard to the inquiry, these and all other RT and PT mouthpieces of our production are the same. The RT Brand was created for the U.S. market several years ago due to trademark related details. Each series of mouthpieces is made at the same time, under close personal supervision. They are then engraved in both brands. The Perantucci brand is for Europe, the Far East including Japan, China, the PRC, Taiwan, Australia and New Zealand.

Information on these and other mouthpieces of our manufacture, the Canadian Brass Heritage Series, the Andreas Martin Hofmeir models and MLR mouthpieces for symphonic tenor trombone can be located on internet. www.robert-tucci.com www.perantucci.com etc.

Good Fortune in your Endeavors.

Bob Tucci
willako
bugler
bugler

Re: RT-62 versus PT-62 tuba mouthpieces: the same?

Post by willako »

Thank you so much, ilipopes and Mr. Tucci. I plan to get the Pt-62 and if possible get someone to shave the shank so I can use it better on my old Eb compensating 3-valve Besson tuba. Bill.